Tuesday, September 27, 2011
LIFE'S BEEN GOOD TO ME
True Motown fans love and admire Original Supreme Mary Wilson, for her sexy looks, sultry voice, and for working hard to keep the Supremes legacy. She's also shows all of her fans love by allowing them to join her onstage for a Supremes medley during her concerts, and greeting them afterwards. Well Wilson is continuing to show fans love with "Life's Been Good To Me" her first single since 1996's "Turn Around" which is getting lots of positive reviews from fans and critics, who is happy to see her recording again. Her latest single has a great mid-tempo, R&B/Dance vibe courtesy of the live audience affect, guitars, strings, keyboards and the call and response with her and the background vocalists. The song also has inspiring lyrics, about reflecting on how good life can be despite obstacles that often block one's path.
I've traveled from country to country
Was only trying to make it out the city
Never ever in my wildest dreams I would make history
I guess you can say this project girl got lucky
Life's been good to me.
Even though the sun didn't always shine
It's still be sweet.
Life's been alright with me
And I'm thankful for the life
I got to live my dreams.
Mary Wilson's latest release is a great song and it shows that she's more than a pretty face and a former background singer. She's a legend who can make great music that touches and inspires fans to enjoy life.
FIRE & DESIRE
PERFORMED BY RICK JAMES & TEENA MARIE
WRITTEN & PRODUCED BY RICK JAMES
1981 MOTOWN RECORDS.
RELEASED LATE SUMMER 1981
Former label mates and soul mates Rick James & Teena Marie had Black Radio and the concert trail on lock. James was flying high with his Classic award winning album "Street Songs" while Marie grooving with her classic masterpiece "It's Must Be Magic" but they two made magic on the classic ballad "Fire & Desire" a radio hit, that got major play on Black radio, and was different any other ballad released on Motown; it was a song about bumping into a former lover, who had helped them give up their days of sleeping around and reflecting on the magic they displayed during their first kiss. What makes this song magic are the music, the lyrics and the ending of the song, where Rick speaks and Teena sings, with so much soul and passion that it makes you wanna find love.
A beautiful love song by two Soul mates, who put their passion in their music.
FACTS ABOUT FIRE AND DESIRE
1. In his memoirs, Rick wrote about how an Ethopian Princess he dated was the inspiration for the songs lyrics, and how she changed him with her love and sensitivity.
2. Teena Marie was Rick's first choice to record the duet with him, but unfortantely, she became ill and was hospitalized with a fever. Rick was going to have another female singer sing the song, but when Teena learned he was going to get another chick, Teena got up from her hospital bed, went to the studio, and recorded her part with one take. Afterwards, she returned to the hospital and made a full recovery.
3. Fire & Desire was the highlight of the Street Songs tour in 1981. Their romantic relationship had ended and while they was performing, Teena would curse Rick out under her breath and during the song's bridge.
4. Rick & Teena performed this classic on the 2004 BET Awards, and got a standing ovation. Sadly it would be the last time they would perform the song, due to Rick's death two months later. Teena continued to perform the classic live during her tours.
5. In 1997, Singers Johnny Gill and Coko remade this song for the Booty Call soundtrack.