Ra SHAWN-DA-PROFESSOR

Ra SHAWN-DA-PROFESSOR

Friday, September 5, 2008

TRYING TO KEEP MY HEAD ABOVE TROUBLED WATERS

Depression can be a bitch. It makes one feel so down and out that you don't want to do anyting, but sit and lay still and cry the blues silently and vocally.
Yesterday my day went well; woke up, fixed a nice breakfast, did some push-ups, went to the my writing class then to the villiage to do some writing, came home fixed a plate of food, then went to sleep. That was around 11PM. I woke up fours later and tried to go back to sleep, but I couldn't because I was feeling very weak, tired and sad for no apparent reason.
That's what depression dues to a person; makes them feel worthless and not wanting to do anything, and it can be a bitch. Especially for creative people who has to put their creative juices on hold until they come of their funk, which they had no intentions of getting into.
It's easy for someone to say dust yourself off and start again, and while some may mean well, there are many others who don't know what you're going through, so unless they walk through our shoes (sneakers and timberland boots), they have no right to put us down.
On the upside of things, I'm grateful to God that I've been around to live and learn; I wasn't the perfect person, and Lord knows I made many mistakes in life, but I'm glad that God has blessed me and continues to keep me on Earth to put smiles on people's face with my love and knowledge of music, cooking, and my writing.

Song played and inspired for this post

BLESS HIS SOUL
PERFORM BY THE JACKSONS
WRITTEN BY TITO, JACKIE, MARLON, MICHAEL AND RANDY JACKSON
PRODUCED BY THE JACKSONS
1978 EPIC RECORDS

No comments: