Ra SHAWN-DA-PROFESSOR

Ra SHAWN-DA-PROFESSOR

Saturday, December 27, 2008

GRATEFUL TO HAVE SEEN ANOTHER BIRTHDAY

Yesterday was my 38th birthday, and though I didn't go all out for it, I was blessed to have had the opporutnity to wake up, known that I lived another year.
When I arrived home from my mom's crib, I did my yearly tradition of playing
The Suprmes' classic gold single "Stoned Love" and The Four Tops' classic comeback hit "Ain't No Woman (Like the One I Got)" (No ladies, I''m not turning hetrosexual; I also share the same birthday as Abdul "Duke" Fakir of The Four Tops, who is a cool, classy guy and is the only surviving member of the Motown group, who up until 1997 was the only group to have the same original member for 43 years. I also play Stoned Love because I learned that I was born the day the song peakd at # 1 on the R&B charts. It's also my second favorite song of all time.
I play those songs everyyear because it helps me remember how God has blessed me with knowledge of music; especially Motown, and it helps me remember how these artists paved the way for many of today's singers.
Last year I went to the Boys Room and got me a lap dance, but this year my birthday was somewhat laid-back and simple. After I spent time with my Godfather, I showered, got dressed ( I don't wear jeans, sneakers or timbs on my birthday) got a hair cut, hung out with my good friend Donald Peebles, who brought me actress Victoria Rowell's autobiography. After we at BBQ's we headed to the center, and treated ourselves to a dvd, and CD's. After our hang out, I came home, and while I was on the Express bus feeling grand, I began to think how blessed I was to have people remember my birthday by calling me and sending me wishes on my myspace page, as well as friends who want to help me celebrate at a later date.
I'm grateful because there are many who aren't around to celebrate their birthdays, while many don't have loved ones to celebrate with, and that's why I'm not complaining; I'm grateful to God for waking me up to see another year.


Songs played during this post

STONED LOVE
PERFORMED BY THE SUPREMES
WRITTEN BY FRANK WILSON & YNNEK SAMOHT
PRODUCED BY FRANK WILSON
1970 MOTOWN RECORDS
LEAD VOCALS: JEAN TERRELL
BACKGROUND VOCALS: MARY WILSON, CINDY BIRDSONG, JEAN TERRELL
LINE UP: MARY WILSON, CINDY BIRDSONG, JEAN TERRELL
# 1 R&B/SOUL/# 7 POP

AIN'T NO WOMAN (LIKE THE ONE I GOT)
PERFORMED BY THE FOUR TOPS
WRITTEN BY DENNIS LAMBERT AND BRIAN PORTER
PRODUCED BY STEVE BARRI
1973 ABC RECORDS
LEAD VOCALS: LEVI STUBS, LAWERENCE PAYTON, RENALDO "OBIE" BENSON, ABDUL "DUKE" FAKIR
BACKGROUD VOCALS: THE FOUR TOPS

3 comments:

RocaFella07 said...

I know its late, but...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

;-)

DA-PROFESSOR said...

Thanks for the wishes. Better late than never.

Anonymous said...

Bwaahahahha! Awesome. xoxsemi dresses Louboutin Shoes Pigalle Christian Louboutin. Flower Girls