Ra SHAWN-DA-PROFESSOR

Ra SHAWN-DA-PROFESSOR

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

MY THOUGHTS FOR THE MOMENT

Hello everybody. Hope and pray that things are going well with you. I've been totally busy with many things during the past week and I finally decided that I got to make time to write on my blog. (What's the sense of me having one if I don't use it on a regular basis)?
Anyhow I've had a interesting and touching weekend. I sat in on by friend DJ Baker's show at Cosci's and had a good time. He interviewed Ronne Hayne, a good friend of mine I've known since 1999 as well as James Earl Hardy, rappers Kin, Soce and blogger Adam Benjamin who's blog page is very great, informative and real and inspirational.
I also attended the memorial for the late Michael J. Sandy, the Black Gay/SGL brother who was set up by a bunch of morons who intended to rob him, by logging onto the Gay chat line as a way of luring him to his unexpected death on a highway near Sheepshead Bay last year.
Attending his memorial brought many mixed emotions that I couldn't control or stop thinking about. I was sad that he died without having the opportunity to finish pursuing his career and dreams, but I'm also pissed of how someone would do something as evil as to set up a person like that to attack, with the assumption that the person was weak and wouldn't get away? Those fools who did this got what they deserved; charge with a hate crime and the thing that really pisses me off is one of the defendants saying (or claiming) that he's gay to get off easy!!
Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He was there when the other morons decided to target Mr. Sandy and he was there at the beach when the attact happened so he's as guilty as they are. The reason why I'm pissed is because there are many Gau/SGL people who are still afraid to express their sexuality due to shame and fear of abandonment by loved ones and homophobic remarks by ignorant ass people, and when I heard about this, I thought to myself, what a slap in the face to the gay community. I had issues with coming to grips with my sexuality and learning to love myself (which is still an on-going process), but using that as a way to get off the hook from a crime that he took part in is totally unexcusable, and he should have thought about that while his so-called friends went looking for a person to rob.
The memorial also made me realize that one must be careful nowadays because there's no telling what can happen to a person who's on the chatline looking for companionship (even if it's to release themselves sexually), and I pray that everybody (myself included) will take extra caution when looking for a jumpoff.

No comments: