Ra SHAWN-DA-PROFESSOR

Ra SHAWN-DA-PROFESSOR

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I'M BACK

I'm back.
I've had a pretty cool and crazy couple of days.
Friday I took part in the Transgender March around City Hall which was good. It felt good to take part in something that will prayfully show people to be more tolerant and respectful of those in the Gay community.
Saturday I got my hair cut and it took an hour in a half.
Sunday I marched in the Gay parade with DJ Baker, Socialite Eric J. Parker and HIV activist BBOP who was having a great time marching and being his outgoing crazy self. He also had to read some jackasses as well. While we were marching, three so-called religious boys (I call them as I remember and saw them) were in front of a church holding up signs saying Homosexuals are sinners, while one held a sign that read The only way to combact Homosexuality is to convert with Islam. When BBOP saw them, he walked over to them and said "If you're gonna have somebody to protest, have some cute boys 'cause you're looking busted!"
I was like you go!
I still don't understand why religous church people always find the time and energy to attack us saying that we're demon-possessed sinners who are going to hell. Yet they be the ones drinking, smoking, clubbing and fucking around.
I was speaking to a friend and he was telling me that they tend to pick on Gay people because they assume that we're weak. Really? Well it took me years to realize that Gay people are the strongest group of people to exist, because many of us have to encounter remarks by ignorant assholes, who have nothing better to do, and yes, it hurts, but we manage to stand strong and contiue living our lives.

No comments: