Ra SHAWN-DA-PROFESSOR

Ra SHAWN-DA-PROFESSOR

Friday, November 21, 2008

KIDS TURNED OUT FOR BEYONCE'S ALBUM RELEASE PARTY WHILE ONLY 3 RECEIVED PRIZES

Late yesterday afternoon, I was asked by DJ Baker if I was free to attend a party last night to celebrate the release of former Destiny's Child lead singer Beyonce Knowles, and I was like yes.
Afrer taking a nap, and listening to the original line-up's last hit "Jumpin' Jumpin'" I hopped in the shower, ironed my clothes, I had to look nice that night and headed into the city for the main event.
When I arrived, there were people sitting around, talking, networking and dancing, and by the next hour, one of the promoters announced that they were going to be giving away copies of Ms. Carter's latest release "I Am Sasha...Fierce" and they only gave away like 2 copies as well as a copy of her DVD.
As a person who's volunteered and attened many album release parties, it would have been nice had they gave away some promotional items like copies of the single and posters (which I took as a parting gift)
Other aspects of the party; they DJ played a nice mixture of music, including a extended rap version of her current single "Single Ladies Put A Ring On It" and a remix of her top charting 2003 hit "Crazy In Love" (The reason why I said an extended rap version is because the version had the same beat and featured a female rapper spitting a few verses on the song, while the remix had a totally different beat than the original version), but he should have played the extended version of "Get Me Bodied." There are a few of us who love Beyonce while there are many who are Beyonced out, but that's one song that must be played in it's entirely.
I had a great time (espcially when one of the party throwers danced with my despite my having to use my cane due to my knee acting up again and giving me a kiss) and I'm looking forward to attending more parties where hopefully they will be more promotional items.

No comments: