Ra SHAWN-DA-PROFESSOR

Ra SHAWN-DA-PROFESSOR

Friday, January 2, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR

The second day of 2009 so far is going good for me. Woke up, watched a few videos, checked my emails and now I'm having a bowl of wheat bran cereal.
Last year was a good year for me; I had a pretty good year with hardly any drama, despite having to tolerate with some immature ignorant fools. I was able to connect with people who are focusing on their talents, as well as having the opprotunity to interview several recording artists, party promoters and community activists for my blog. I even interviewed an openly meterosexual preacher as well.
I also learned that those who curse you will be cursed and those who bless you will be blessed. As I exited 2008, I was able to see how many people looked out for me by inviting me to parties and dinners as well as making sure I was taken care of physically like the members of SOS who came by my crib and brought me two bottles of water the day after I rushed to the ER with chest pains, and a blogger named Rockafella, who would comment on my blog on occasion.
I also had the opprortunity to attend Lee Soulja's birthday party at Club Madison, where Shorty Roc and Rebel Star ripped the crowd. Mad shout out to Shorty Roc for allowing me to conduct his first interview four years ago and for allowing me to be a part of his team. Time for you to go platnium yo. I also had the opportunity to travel to DC to attend the Velocity Magazine Awards where DA DOODIRTY SHOW was nominated for an award; we lost, but it felt good to be nominated, but DA-Professor aint' gonna lie; it ain't no fun losing. Especially if you spent time and energy traveling to another state in the cool, rainy weather. I thank DJ Baker, Soul G, BBOP, Tysexy and Eric J. Parker for allowing me to be a part of a talented and CRAZYASS team and for playing LaBelle's CD. I also have to give shout outs to Jesse-O and his partner for allowing me to have fun and share my knowledge of music in during the trip to and from DC.
I also had a great time celebrating New Years by fulfilling one of my many dreams; attending a party in a Penthouse suite, and thanks to Derrick L. Briggs for making that happen. When I received an invite about the party he was throwing, I decided to go and I had fun despite having to deal with a shady Queen who attempted to be a Diva. I also had the opprortunity to hang with Maurice Ranae afterwards. We waited for 2 and a half hours for the LIRR to come and when it came, we didn't waste no time hoping on the train and taking it the city where we went to a resturant in the villiage to eat before we headed to our destinations. That night and morning helped me realize that I deserve to have fun and socialize with nice cool mature people.
Thanks for Derrick for being a cool person, and for giving me support and encouraging words when my cousin and uncle passed and for Maurice for allowing me to interview you and for allowing me to hang out with you after the party.

2 comments:

Runea (pronounced Ru-Nay) said...

You are so welcome RaShawn anytime, I had a blast... Maurice Runea

RocaFella07 said...

I hope that 2009 is COMPLEATLY drama free for you. and, i cant wait for more interviews.

;-)