Ra SHAWN-DA-PROFESSOR

Ra SHAWN-DA-PROFESSOR

Saturday, December 26, 2009

FEELING BLESSED SO FAR..

I woked up this morning feeling good today. I woke up this morning feeling greatful that I was able to see my 39th birthday. I can't belive that next year I'll be turning the big 40 and I'm looking forward to it.
As I listened to The Supremes's classic "Stoned Love" and The Four Tops' classic "Ain't No Woman (Like The One I Got)" (A reminder, I listen to those songs every year on my birthday because I was born on the day Stoned Love hit # 1 on the R&B charts and I share the same birthday as Duke Fakir of the legendary Motown group)
I started to see the positive things in my life and that's something I need to focus on more often.
While I was speaking to my good friend BBOP, I received a call from one of my friends who I hadn't seen in 5 years. He had called to thank me for the message I left on his cell yesterday, and we started to catch up and talk about hanging out when he arrives in New York.
I spoke to my mother who's at work and told me to have fun and dress for the weather.
I've also received a call from my aunt who thanked me for the card I sent along with the pictures I took at our family renion.
While I was on the bus, I bumped into a friend from London, who I hadn't seen in 9 years. As I was about to get off, we recognized each other and started to catch up. He told me that he was saying that he had to give me a call to let me know he was in the States, and he was also suprised to see me as well. I was happy to see him that I missed my stop (Thank God for unlimited metro cards).
With all the trials and tribulations I endured (the loss of my grandmother, and having surgery) I'm glad to be alive and I'm looking forward to seeing many more Birthdays.

No comments: